Sunday 10 July 2011

Day 40 - woohooo !

Something highly inspiring about entering another decade of PCP. And many people have told me that life begins at 40...!

My calves have been aching since yesterday (probably just the change of me doing 7 x 200 reps of skips per set instead of 10 x 140). Certainly gets my heart rate up higher and I am more determined than ever to maximise good results for the next 50 days.

So, today was first time to do skipping first thing. Then workout at 5ish. Then 8 minute abs now at 9.30pm. Although good to have the whole day's chores (!) split into 3 more manageable and quick sections, the only downside is that it feels like PCP is dominating our lives! But if Patrick says that skipping as your feet touch the floor after night's sleep is the best fat burner then I am sold on the concept !

I still can't see dramatic or gobsmacking changes in the mirror, but depending on my mood, there are definitely some improvements slowly taking place. More tone in arms. My legs stronger than ever before and some of the squidgey parts seem to be shrinking. Nothing is getting bigger so that is a relief !


Food habits are certainly the healthiest they have ever been. Weekends used to be full of treats and moments of weakness. However,  they also used to be full of entertaining and having fun with friends !!! This was a quiet one, with just the four of us hanging out.  Even took our kids to movies without popcorn - another first and yet another bad habit broken. We had a nectarine in the car on the way and a bottle of still water as our "treat".

As Monday approaches tomorrow, am wondering how the diet will change starting Wednesday. Hopefully we don't lose the apple from the suppertime smoothie. I am still missing my friend the banana....

No comments:

Post a Comment