Friday 1 July 2011

Day 31 - finally the scales are my friend

After a love/hate relationship with the scales over past 30 days, they are finally coming to the party. I am down 2.2kg since Day 1. Totally pleased with that. I am now back to the weight I was as a smoker, so now next goal is 2kg more, then I will be where I was prior to both pregnancies.

Weirdly rather enjoying the smoothie each night. Love the simplicity of supper and we can sit and hang out with the kids while drinking it. Have it early at around 6.30pm.

Then am not hungry at all for the veg later. Forcing them down though. Hope I am meant to do that - could really happily skip them.

Felt woozey on work out this morning after jumps. Took a 3 minute breather then ploughed ahead with rest of burny biceps, extraordinary triceps and astounding abs. Can't keep blaming the kids, but surely pregnancies have a bit to answer for with my pathetic abs ? Although with J Lo's new video and Britney's six pack comeback then I don't think us mums have got a leg left to stand on with excuses...

Workout taking me 45-50 mins now including stretch/warm down. Was taking me 35 mins last week. Definintely perspiring more. Gotta be good. Garfield often pops into my head "No pain, no gain" was his motto.

Welcome to the second trimester fellow PCP and Pucksters....

3 comments:

  1. I relate to everything you have posted here. JLo is an inspiration isn't she?

    Great job with the scales. I still have quite a bit more to lose before I get back to where I was pre-pregnancy when I used to be a smoker too. So glad I haven't gone back and I am positive I never will. The world of smells and tastes is so much better as a non-smoker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss and quitting smoking! I love that Garfield is your inspirational speaker, hilarious! I would just think of lasagna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll blast through those next 2 kilos before Day 60 I hope! Work hard!

    ReplyDelete