Wednesday 27 July 2011

Day 57 - bugger bugger bugger

I was cocky too soon. Woke up to do skips straight away and agony - injury is back, so had to abandon skips half way through and brisk walk on the treadmill instead. Mornings are so tight for time, so did another brisk dog walk at sunset tonight while B fed the kids.
Then did my exercises just now, but had to make up some different leg ones as the pain is too sore for lunges and pistol squats and of course the jumps. However, squats were less painful so hammered out lots of those !

So this time I won't let the injury get me down or lose my focus. I shall just re-adjust the cardio part and then cut back on the carbs until skipping or running again.

I am pissed off though. Things happen for a reason just can't fathom why this is happening on PCP. Lets just keep going and see....

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't manage the lunges today either so I did a ton of squats. I hope it's an OK trade. I hope you're feeling better soon. Probably best not to push the injury and risk something worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! Take care of yourself.

    Are you stretching out before you do the cardio? Maybe you could try for some one legged skips?

    Hope it heals soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nooooooooooo! You and Mandy are my skipping inspirations... I'm sure you'll bounce back though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are adapting as you can and I am so impressed that your commitment is unwavering. Must be very frustrating to have the injury back. Pics looking good.

    I've found that on the days that I don't stretch well I seem to get pain. Serves me right.

    ReplyDelete