Thursday 30 June 2011

Day 29 - Indulgence

Well for the sweet toothed fairy, this was an exciting treat. Had my heart set on a vanilla cupcake, but when we got to our fave Deli, they were not fresh, so decided the disappointment of dry cake was not worth the calories. So ordered chocolate cake instead. Took one bite and didn't like the flavour, so asked to have it in a doggy bag and brought home to give away. Again, not worth the calories. So third time lucky (the waiter by this point thought I was a tad fruity) was the chocolate cheesecake... oh... my.....gawd. Heaven on a teaspoon... every mouthful was orgasmic... wish I could write that it tasted too sweet, made me feel sick after or has put me off desserts forever, but alas, that would be a big fat lie. Twas heavenly....

However, to then have a smoothie (with unusual ingredients) a few hours later and then some steamed peppers a couple of hours after that, did make me feel a tad queasy and didn't want to think about all those randomly different ingredients mixed up in my stomach.

Strangely, I have had no sweet cravings whatsoever today and I do believe that the indulgence worked as planned by Patrick.

Only wondering how long it is until the next indulgence - days, weeks or months ? the suspense is fun.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't sick from the indulgence at all either. In fact I probably could have eaten a large size ice cream. Yesterday was also my best workout day in a while. I think the ice cream gave me super powers. humm that thought needs to leave my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the treat motivating for the workout. And ditto, like you, the idea and decision about what to have as indulgence was hectic ! Relief (and treat) to just get on and do it.
    Have a splendid weekend.

    ReplyDelete